Monday, January 21, 2013

Chocolate Wouldn't Say That



Pretty. Funny. Adorable. Talented. Good cook. Curvy. Sweet. Polite. Southern. Petite. Fun. Caring. Compassionate. And perfect perfection of me. Men generally are rude, dirty, loud, stubborn, selfish, confused, confusing, proud, handsome, devilish, charming, egotistical morons who capture our hearts and then break them, They also would be totally lost without the women in their lives. (Don't worry gents I realize we would be lost without you too...sorta) The question here then in this, Why do us wonderful women get caught up in the concoction of mundane masculinity? I wish I had the answer. But, honestly I do not know, because we women have chocolate. Chocolate has never left me, it always agrees with me and always encourages and allows me to take more. It is sweet and silent, soft and seductive, calming, creamy, cuddly and comforting. It has never said a mean thing to me or broken my heart. Also unlike love or a man, chocolate can be bought. 

Note: Chocolate does not talk, men do. Problem solved. 


Reasons I could be happy with chocolate instead of a man. This cake!


Kitchen Time! 
For those days when you need to eat your feelings or to replace a man with chocolate. 

Flourless Chocolate Lover Cake


Things you will need...
6 tbs butter and a wee bit to grease the pan
8 ounces of semisweet chocolate (use mini-chips or finely chop it)
6 eggs separated 
(I know thats work but sometimes you just have to do it...)
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
a pinch of salt
3/4 granulated white sugar

Dusting Ingredient: either powdered sugar or chocolate icing 
or just a melted drizzle, raspberries etc...

Direction:
1. Preheat your oven to 300ish degrees
2. Butter your pan (9 inch spring form will work the best) 
3. Butter and chocolate in a large microwave bowl. 
Microwave stirring every 3o seconds until it is smooth and creamy ;)
4. Let it cool slightly and whisk in egg yolks (I LOVE TO WHISK!)
5. Then beat in egg whites
 gradually adding the sugar beating until stiff peaks form.
6. Whisk in the egg whites into the chocolate mixture.
7. Pour into the pan and smooth top. 
(I usually drop the pan gently a couple times to get it smooth)
8. Cook for about 40 mins,the cake will pull from the sides of the pan
9. Let cool, spring from pan and top however you desire. 
(powder sugar or event chocolate sauce and berries etc...)







2 comments:

  1. I love this blog! It is so creative and honest! You're my new hero. Superwomen. Not scared to show some emotion! And this cake looks... well... my boyfriend should be scared of this cake.
    With Love,
    Paxton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Paxton! All of the Love! Happy Cooking and Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete