Thursday, February 7, 2013

Thirsty Thursday!

Another dinner for one! That's you. Actually it was me...oh well!

Thursdays are the days that celebrate that tomorrow is finally Friday! So generally I recommend that you find a happy hour somewhere and be happy!

NOTE: Some people, perhaps even you and often me call Thursdays 'Thirsty Thursday'. And while that makes a Thursday infinitely more exciting and perhaps can involve drinks for two, (which let us be honest, is better than dinner for one). There is something to be said about a "thankful Thursday".

So today instead of finding my usual jack and coke or perhaps a Kentucky Bourbon barrel ale (which has been my happy hour favorite as of late...) I found myself a friend and a movie and just enjoyed an afternoon off.

Sometimes I think that I forget how truly wonderful people are. Not only am I blessed with a fantastic family, and a uniquely insane loving group of friends, I have the opportunity to do new things and meet new people everyday. I also live in a country where (if I make the choice) at any moment I can reinvent myself, or an idea or just stay crazy, quirky, silly me.

Okay, okay, sorry I got a little cheesy on you.

So while we are talking cheese let's take our Thursday into the kitchen!


Treat yourself to Steak Dinner for one!
Photo: Tonight's dinner will be on my blog in a few. Steak for one!
www.theflavoroffeelings.blogspot.com

So I got out my George Foreman again tonight for my flat steak. A pan seared steak, or a broiled steak would have been just as easy and delicious. But, I love my grill...(secret, it makes me feel empowered! watch out men everywhere...woman with her grill)

I put salt and pepper and little bit of steak seasoning on my steak (2tsp), and added a drizzle of Italian dressing (1 tbsp)
NOTE: (it was a 7 oz flat steak, so I only cooked half and put the other half in the freezer for another day)

My feeling on seasoning things: I want you to make them taste how you want, not how I want, I don't know what you like... (especially you men...women cannot figure you out) So I simply make suggestions in amounts of spices etc... BE HAPPY, TASTE YOUR FOOD, IN MY OPINION THESE SPICES DO NOT HAVE TO BE PRECISE!

Sorry, mini kitchen rant. Anyway the steak cooked very fast because it was thin...about 5 mins

While it was cooking I had been working on my favorite thing ever. Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole. You had almost forgiven my sentimental cheesiness earlier and here I go again more cheese. No worries it is easy!

You cook the cauliflower. ( I microwaved it, about 1/2 a cup with a lil water...easy)
You drain it and add shredded cheese (I used one 'me-sized' handful, which is small maybe a 1/4 of a cup of cheese) But really you can add as little or as much cheese as you want!
Then you put a little bit of butter on it. (I am from the south so...yea butter)
Salt and pepper.
At this point you put it in something oven safe I used a little souffle pan.
Crumble some bread crumbs, or if you want ritz crackers and bake it. for like 5 mins at 425.

I also had been multitasking like the fantastic lady I am (also the queen of quick creative kitchen crafting...just made that up right now) Anyway while the kitchen was abuzz I was expertly boiling angel hair pasta on the stove.

When it was finished I strained it. Then sprinkled a little bit of olive oil, half a piece of white bread crumbled in, then basil, garlic salt and Parmesan cheese in whatever amounts you want. (I like it simple so not too much of anything)

Then I assembled a little green salad and cottage cheese. And put all of these delicious delicacies on a plate. And had myself a fantastic Thursday night dinner! And in honor of Thirsty Thursday a glass of chardonnay.
Funny Courtesy Hello Ecard: I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.

So I hope you found yourself thankful this Thursday, and if not perhaps you found a thirst quencher or something to wish you well as we rapidly approach FRIDAY!

Happy Thursday all! Thirsty or Thankful!

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment